Tuesday, May 29, 2012

She's Alive!

Today I picked up my car from Peter Salzman's Hobby Shop in Wilsonville. He ended up replacing a part inside the distributor (he said he put in "new points"). When I arrived, the owner of the shop (Peter) showed me exactly what he replaced and how to do the job myself next time it happens. His honesty and the time he always puts into teaching me about the issues my car is having is refreshing. It isn't common that you will find a mechanic that specializes in your car and is reasonable with the wallet. Salzman Motors has been working on 2002's since 1967 and has many aftermarket parts available too. Back to the maintenance; After fixing the part inside the distributor, the car underwent a minor tune up by having the carburetor cleaned and adjusted. The car runs fantastic, and much better than it has previously since I have owned it. I can't wait to take the car on another road trip in the near future when my wife and I attend the Leavenworth Drive! Information on the drive can be found here: http://www.leavenworthdrive.com/

If you are looking for a reputable bmw mechanic, I strongly recommend Salzman's Hobby Shop! I took a picture of his business card to share just in case anyone needs his contact information.

Photobucket

Today was a very good day. My favorite part about the shop is that they have probably six to eight 2002's on their premises at all times and the owner enjoys talking and planning future build ideas with the customers. Overall, I have spent $230 on maintenance the first month I have owned the car. Also, when I got the car home I installed some new Denso Spark plugs to give her some extra pep! Hopefully this will keep the car happy for awhile!

We shall end the day with a picture proving that life is all good and back to normal :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment