Monday, May 21, 2012

Gas Mileage

Today was my first fuel up after fixing the odometer. The three speed automatic transmission really doesn't help the car get the best mpg, and I'm thinking a five speed swap will help the car become more fun and economical too! All said and done, the 37 year old car got 20.4 mpg.

Photobucket

I'm planning on changing the spark plugs tomorrow and possibly swapping in a new fuel filter in the next month in an effort to help as well. Honestly, a new transmission will probably do the most good. Since this will be my commuter, I would really like to get closer to 30 mpg, but if it never does that's ok too. It really is a blast to drive :)

*Also, the car occasionally clunks or sputters after shutting the engine off. Today I filled the car with premium to see if that makes a difference. I will write again in a later post commenting on if the higher octane solves the problem or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment