Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cleaning & Ideas

I have not driven the car in two days since bringing it home and today I really wanted to take her out on the road and see what she could do. I quickly learned that having a car with a carburetor means that you need to let it warm up or it will continually die on you until it gets warm (lesson learned). After driving the car around for five miles this morning I found myself enjoying it more and more even though it's by far the slowest car I've ever owned. When I returned home and safely put her away in the garage, I sat down and made a list of what I wanted to accomplish with the car. The list contained the following:

*Have all dents and dings taken out.
*Take out side markers and have the spots filled and painted (shave side markers). The European models did not come with these.
*Car resprayed factory color.
*Work on electrical issues (sometimes blinkers work, sometimes they don't).
*Tuck bumpers (or maybe leave front bumper off).
*New sunroof seal so it can go up and down, new windshield seal so the windshield doesn't always get foggy.
*Swap out seats or rebuild interior with similar style containing black leather instead of the cloth.
*Purchase and install full black carpet in cabin and trunk (currently has tan carpet in cabin and no carpet in trunk).
*Install new cd player and speakers (I know I know it won't look old school, but I like my music).
*Lower the car!

Since I did not accomplish anything with the car today, I snapped four pictures (one including the new tires) to show progression from the awful picture the night I picked her up, and where she is now after being in my care for a few days.

New Tires (Falken Sincera tires 185/70/13):
Photobucket

Three different shots at the car in the sun light:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today I received a present for the car in the mail. New valve stem caps from ebay (haha)! They are now on the car, but here is a picture of them still in the box:

Photobucket

I really like that the back windows push out! This car sure does have a long way to go, but I can't help but grin as people consistently give me the thumbs up when I'm driving her and I get compliments every time I park! I am still trying to come up with a nickname for the car, AND ideas for a custom plate...

No comments:

Post a Comment