Thursday, May 24, 2012

Road Trip

Today I drove the BMW 320 miles on a road trip (and I'm doing the same trip back home tomorrow). The car averaged about 24 mpg, which I was very happy with. The car went over three major mountain passes and it did tend to struggle on the bigger hills dropping from the 70 mph speed limit to around 60 mph a few times. But, I learned to get a run at the hills and then I would linger around the 70 mph mark ;)

Here was her top speed today! I didn't really get on it for too long though...
Photobucket

Overall, it was a good trip. I had to listen to my headphones since the stereo does not work, and a few springs are coming through the drivers seat making the trip a little less comfortable. But, I love the car and I'll continue to drive the car even with worn seats until I can afford some newer BMW seats!

Here is a pic of her at a gas station off the highway right after a fuel up.
Photobucket

The car did awesome the whole trip until I arrived at my final destination. When I entered the city, the car did not want to stay alive. She would simply quit in gear and die. The temps were not up, the oil level was great, but for some reason the car did not want to idle well. I also noticed the car would start in second or third gear it seemed which also did not help. After researching this some, there could be a few different adjustments to make, but it also was said to be pretty common after a long road trip with an automatic 2002.

On a better note, putting premium or plus in the car stopped the sputtering that was occurring when I shut the car off! From now on I will continue to use higher quality gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment