Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Maintenance Day

Today I took the '75 down to Salzman Motors in Wilsonville. It's a local BMW "hobby" shop that has been in business since 1975 and has serviced 2002's for 37 years. They were very nice and let me stand under the car while they were doing the oil change and showed me around the car, which I appreciated very much. Furthermore, my car was missing the air intake and an oil return line coming off the valve cover that recirculates into the intake. They found an extra one in the shop and installed it with a brand new oil hose for $25 which was really nice and helpful since I searched for days online without finding the part myself. Before I left, I mentioned that my blinkers worked sometimes, yet other times they would not. I was then informed that the hazard switch had to be perfectly centered when pushed in for the blinkers to work if it was faulty. Sure enough, the owner of the shop walked up, stuck a pin just to the side of the switch holding it perfectly in place and my blinkers started working again (looks like a new hazard switch will be ordered someday). The owner of the shop pointed out a few rust/rotted spots on the under side of the car and suggested having steel plates welded to reinforce the area when I have body work and paint done. Overall, I was very impressed with the care and help the owner and workers took with the car. A few other customers in the area (very old men) each told me that they had been coming to Salzman Motors for over 20 years and they trust them too.

Here is a picture of my car next to a few other 2002's outside the shop after the oil change :)

Photobucket



It was nice to have working blinkers on the way home since my tabs are expired...

No comments:

Post a Comment