Friday, May 18, 2012

Interior & Cleaning

Today I decided to clean up the interior the best I could so that I would be more comfortable (kinda) while I ponder what to do about upgrading the carpet, seats, ect...

So I went to the car wash to use their vacuum for $1

Photobucket

While I was there, a random guy in a black truck stopped and parked next to me. He got out with a big smile on his face and said, "I love your car!" It goes without saying (but I'm going to say it anyway), we were immediately friends. He went on to tell me that he owns a '72 BMW 2002, a '72 BMW CS, and a 2003 BMW M5. He walked around my car admiring it, and would randomly give me pointers here and there about touching things up. He said he and many of his friends have extra parts laying around (such as oem black leather recaro seats) that they would be interested in selling if I was ever in the market. After talking for 10 minutes, he gave me his email address and left.

After vacuuming the car out, I went home and washed the car and gave the engine bay a good scrubbing! I took many pictures and I have posted them below so that when I do get the interior done I can look back at what it use to be and laugh ;)

Interior Pictures:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If you read my last post you will understand why this shot makes me happy :)
Photobucket

Here are a couple more driveway shots of her good side of course...
Photobucket
Photobucket

I would never post a picture of what the engine bay used to look like. But, now that it has all the parts that were missing and with me being able to clean it up some, this is how she currently sits!

Photobucket

It might look dirty to some of you, but I think she looks fantastic for a 37 year old car (with the owners before me neglecting her). That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment